I am Dawn T. Gulick - Ph.D., PT, AT, CSCS
A Professor of Physical Therapy at Widener University in Chester Pennsylvania. She has been teaching for over 20 years. Her areas of expertise are orthopedics, sports medicine, modalities, and medical screening.
- Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training from Lock Haven University (Lock Haven, PA)
- a Master of Physical Therapy from Emory University (Atlanta, GA)
- a Doctorate in Exercise Physiology from Temple University (Philadelphia, PA).>
She is an AMBUCS scholar and a Chapter Officer of Phi Kappa Phi and a member of Kappa Delta Pi Honor Societies. As a licensed physical therapist, she has direct access authorization. She also is a certified strength and conditioning specialist.
As a clinician
Dawn has owned a private orthopedic/sports medicine practice. She also provides athletic training services from the middle school to elite Olympic/Paralympic level. As a member of the Olympic Sports Medicine Society, Dr. Gulick has provided medical coverage at numerous national and international events.
As a Scholar
Dr. Gulick is the author of
- 4 books (Ortho Notes, Screening Notes, Sport Notes, Mobilization Notes)
- 4 book chapters
- > 50 peer-reviewed publications
- > 100 professional and civic presentations.
Orthopedic Medical Device
She currently has a utility patent pending for an orthopedic medical device that has been FDA classified. She is the recipient of a National Science Foundation Phase 1 and Phase 2 SBIR to develop the Mobil-AiderTM device.
My Professional Experience
Auththor | Entrepreneur | Books | Publications